A Day in Wales by Luxury Coach from London
Travel to another country for the day with no need for a visa or passport when you book A Day in Wales by Luxury Coach from London.
This popular tour is now better than ever with more time in Cardiff! This trip includes the services of a local guide throughout as you visit the Welsh capital city for sightseeing by coach, followed by free time for exploring on your own.
Visit Caerphilly Castle, a medieval castle located just outside of Cardiff that was built by the English "Red Earl" (so named because of his hair color) in 1268-1271 as part of his plan to conquer Wales. In the early evening, you'll commence your scenic drive back through the Welsh valleys to London.
Please click the Details tab for a list of scheduled dates for this tour.
Rates - including tax
Child - Free
(Ages 4 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
Sunday, March 20
Monday, April 18
Sunday, May 22
Sunday, June 19
Sunday, July 17
Sunday, August 21
Saturday, September 17
Sunday, October 23
Sunday, November 20
Sunday, December 18
Tuesday, December 27
Please Note: Tour departure time is approximate; specific pick-up times at selected locations occur prior to the tour departure time and must be pre-arranged (details on your E-Ticket). See below for pickup locations and times.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour requires a minimum of 10 total persons to operate; if the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; there are three meeting locations and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to select one of them as your meeting location (details on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
This tour requires a minimum of 10 total persons booked to be guaranteed to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
- Round-trip transportation in a deluxe motor coach
- Accompanying tour manager
- Guided coach tour of Cardiff with a local Welsh guide
- Entrance to Caerphilly Castle
- Free time in Cardiff
- Meals & snacks (free time to purchase lunch but lunch is not included in the tour price)
- Optional shopping or other personal expenses
Pick-Up Locations & Times
- London Bridge - 7:15 am
- Victoria - 7:50 am
- Earls Court - 8:15 am
- 7:15 am to 8:15 am - London Pickups - Departure must be pre-arranged from one of the available boarding locations - all near Central and West London tube stations. When your tour is confirmed, you will need to contact the guides to arrange your boarding location choice from the available options. You can choose to meet the tour at the most convenient available location for you.
- 8:30 am - The tour departs west for Cardiff. It's a fair distance, so your driver will make a short rest stop at a service station en route. Watch for the bridge that crosses the River Severn, as this is the border between England and Wales.
- 11:45 am - On arrival in Cardiff, meet your local guide who takes the group on a panoramic city tour by coach, pointing out the major sights & entertaining you with stories about the city & its people.
- 12:45 pm - After your sightseeing tour, you will have some free time to explore the city on your own by foot. You might want to use this time to see Cardiff Castle, visit the National Museum (where entry is free) or have a leisurely lunch at one of the many restaurants & cafes.
- 2:30 pm - The tour departs Cardiff's city centre for Caerphilly Castle.
- 3:00 pm - Entrance is included into Caerphilly Castle. Your tour guide will take the group through the property to point out some of the main parts & provide interesting commentary on the maintenance & use of Caerphilly Castle through the ages. You will also have some free time to explore the castle on your own.
- 4:30 pm - The tour departs Caerphilly for the return to London. There will be a comfort stop at a service station en route for drinks, snacks, and to use the WC facilities.
- 9:00 pm - This is the approximate arrival time back in London, subject to traffic conditions. You will be dropped off at Earls Court but sometimes the driver will also offer additional drop-offs if time permits. He/she will advise you of this on the day of the tour and please feel free to ask him/her any questions you may have regarding how to get back to your accommodation in London.
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Monitor the weather in Cardiff, Wales for the day of your tour and dress appropriately.
- You may bring snacks and bottled water for the trip.
- Bring money for lunch, additional snacks and souvenirs.
- Don't forget your camera!
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; there are three meeting locations and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to select one of them as your meeting location (details on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.