Cotswolds Full Day Tour from London
Get ready to head out of London for the day to the delightful Cotswolds region! The Cotswolds are known for their traditional English countryside villages with buildings made from distinctive gold-colored Cotswold limestone and for their gorgeous rolling hills. The Cotswolds has been designated the largest Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in England.
The 2 villages that are always visited on this tour are Burford & Bourton-on-the-Water, with likely visits to other Cotswolds villages too, subject to timing, the size of the group & other changeable factors. The town of Burford is known as the southern gateway to The Cotswolds. There you will have time to explore the town including the main street that slopes gently to the River Windrush, lined with shops on either side that have not changed much since the 1500s and the Burford Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, where hundreds of Levellers (a group fighting for equality and democracy) were imprisoned - and some executed - during the English Civil War. Bourton-on-the-Water is a beautiful village known as the "Venice of the Cotswolds" due to its stunning waterside views. A gorgeous village with plenty of idyllic photo opportunities and charming restaurants & cafes for lunch or a cream tea, there is plenty to explore in Bourton-on-the-Water.
Rates - including tax
Child - Free
(Ages 4 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
2022 Scheduled Tour Dates
Saturday, April 16
Monday, May 2
Friday, June 3
Saturday, July 9
Saturday, July 30
Saturday, August 13
Monday, August 29
Saturday, September 10
Saturday, October 15
Saturday, November 12
Saturday, December 3
Saturday, December 10
Monday, December 26
Please Note: Tour departure time is approximate; specific pick-up times at five selected locations occur prior to the tour departure time and will need to be pre-arranged by phone or email (details on your E-Ticket).
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour requires a minimum total of 6 persons booked to guarantee the tour to operate on any specific scheduled date; if the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; there are five meeting locations and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to select one of them as your meeting location (details on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
This tour requires a minimum total of 6 persons booked for a specific tour date to be guaranteed to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
- Roundtrip travel by coach or minibus
- Tour manager/guide during the tour
- Visit the village of Burford
- Visit the village of Bourton-on-the-Water
- Free time for exploring the villages and other villages may be visited based on timing of the tour on an individual day
- Meals & snacks (free time to purchase lunch in Bourton-on-the-Water but lunch is not included in the tour price)
- Optional shopping or other personal expenses
- 7:30 am-9:00 am - London Pick-ups at five locations easy to reach by public transport (see list below). When your tour is confirmed, you will need to contact the guides to arrange your boarding location choice from the available options.
- 9:00 am-9:15 am - Depart London heading northwest to the picturesque Cotswolds area of Britain. Your tour guide will keep you entertained with interesting facts & stories about the sights you pass en route and the Cotswolds region.
- 10:45 am - Arrive in the Cotswolds - The tour usually visits Burford first, where you will have plenty of free time to explore the sights & shops of this town once known for its wealth generated from wool trading. Then visit Bourton-on-the-Water, one of the most picturesque towns of the Cotswolds with many delightful options for lunch or a cream tea. Time permitting, your tour guide will also take you to a few other local villages for some free time & photo opportunities.
- 6:30 pm - Arrive in London - There will be 2-3 drop-offs in central London subject to traffic & other considerations on the day. Your tour guide will advise the specific drop-off locations and will be happy to help with public transport advice if needed. Please note that there can be some traffic traveling back into central London & all itinerary times are approximate & subject to change.
Pick-Up Locations & Times
- London Bridge - 7:30 am
- Kings Cross - 7:55 am
- Victoria - 8:25 am
- South Kensington - 8:50 am
- Earls Court - 9:00 am
What to Bring/Wear
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Monitor the weather in the Cotswolds area for the day of your tour and dress appropriately.
- You may bring snacks and bottled water for the trip.
- Bring money for lunch, additional snacks or souvenirs.
- Don't forget your camera!
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; there are five meeting locations and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to select one of them as your meeting location (details on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.