Oxford & Cambridge Tour from London
Take a day outside of London and explore the stunning architecture and rich history of two of the most famous cities in the UK, also home to two of the oldest and most famous universities in the UK and the world - Oxford & Cambridge.
This tour usually visits Oxford first, where your tour guide will take you on a walking tour to show you some of the iconic, classic buildings that contribute to the city's distinctive cultural feel. Then you will have free time to do some additional exploring of this magnificent city with its varied architectural styles from many eras since the 900s - such as The Ashmolean Museum, the Bodleian Library and Christ Church Cathedral - or explore the many shops and cafes.
The tour also visits Cambridge. Your tour guide will take you to walk up the Tower of Great St. Mary's Church, where entrance is included. Here you can take in the beautiful architecture and stand where many royals have stood before; this viewing point offers fantastic views of the city. Then you will have free time for more exploration - see the colleges of the University of Cambridge, go punting or see the manuscript of Winne-the-Pooh at Wren College, written by A.A Milne, who studied at Trinity College in Cambridge.
Rates - including tax
Child - Free
(Ages 4 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
2022 Scheduled Tour Dates
November 19>br /> December 17
Please Note: Tour departure time is approximate; specific pick-up times at three selected locations occur prior to the tour departure time and will need to be pre-arranged by phone or email (details on your E-Ticket).
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour requires a minimum 10 ptotal persons booked for an individual date to guarantee the tour will operate; if the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; there are three meeting locations and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to select one of them as your meeting location (details on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
This tour requires a minimum total of 10 persons booked for a specific tour date to be guaranteed to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
- Round-trip transportation in a deluxe motorcoach or minibus
- Accompanying tour guide
- Entrance to Great St. Mary's Church Tower in Cambridge
- Free time in Oxford and Cambridge
- Meals, beverages & snacks (free time is provided to purchase lunch but lunch is not included in the tour price)
- Optional shopping or other personal expenses
- 7:30 am-8:30 am - London Pick-ups at three locations easy to reach by public transport (see list below). When your tour is confirmed, you will need to contact the guides to arrange your boarding location choice from the available options.
- 8:30 am-8:45 am - Depart London heading northwest to Oxford. Your tour guide will keep you informed and entertained with stories of the local area & passing sights en route to Oxford.
- 10:00 am - Arrive in Oxford - Upon arrival, your tour guide will take you on a walking tour of the city's highlights. You'll then have a couple of hours of free time to explore and visit some of the city's old, beautiful buildings & walk along the same paths as great people such as Albert Einstein, Aung San Suu Kyi, Adam Smith and J.R.R. Tolkien.
- 1:00 pm - Depart Oxford - This is the approximate time of departure from Oxford for the next stop of the day, Cambridge. Please pay close attention to your tour guide on the day, as meeting times may vary.
- 3:00 pm - Arrive in Cambridge - On arrival, your tour guide will take you to the Church of St. Mary the Great to walk up its Tower for breathtaking views of the city of Cambridge, where entry is included. Then you’ll have free time to explore the town of Cambridge and its renowned university boasting famous alumni including David Attenborough, Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton & Chinese poet Xu Zhimo.
- 6:00 pm - Depart Cambridge - This is the approximate time of departure from Cambridge to return to London (timings may vary on the day).
- 8:00 pm - Arrive in London - This is the approximate time of arrival back in central London. Kindly note that timings may vary depending on the traffic & other dynamic factors on the day. You will be dropped-off close to London Bridge station, which is a major transport hub in central London with options for travel by train, underground or bus. Your tour guide will be happy to help with public transport advice if needed.
Pick-Up Locations & Times
- London Bridge - 7:30 am
- Victoria - 8:00 am
- Earls Court - 8:30 am
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Monitor the weather for Oxford and Cambridge for the day of your tour and dress appropriately.
- You may bring snacks and bottled water for the trip.
- Bring money (cash and a major credit card are recommended) for lunch, additional snacks or souvenirs.
- Don't forget your camera!
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; there are three meeting locations and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to select one of them as your meeting location (details on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.