Isle of Wight 2-Day Tour from London
Take a weekend break from London by coach and ferry to the beautiful Isle of Wight. The ferry takes you from Southampton to cross the Solent, the strait of the English Channel that separates the south coast of England from the Isle of Wight. Once on the Isle of Wight, you'll visit Osborne House, designed by Prince Albert himself and frequented by him, Queen Victoria and their family as their private summer residence. Entrance to the gorgeous Osborne House is included.
This tour also visits Shanklin and/or Sandown to spend some time enjoying the beautiful beaches, and Godshill where you can explore the traditional village with some of the oldest architecture on the Isle of Wight, including traditional thatched roof cottages, see the adorable miniature model village, or purchase some local cider to take home.
You will also get to see the famous Isle of Wight landmark The Needles, 3 chalk landmasses that rise sharply out of the sea to a height of 30 meters and visit Yarmouth, a coastal village with cobbled streets, quaint cafes and pubs overlooking the water.
Overnight lodging in Sandown is included.
For a one day trip to Isle of Wight, returning the same day to London, please order: Isle of Wight Day Tour from London
Rates - including tax
(Per Person, Ages 18+):
(Per Person, Ages 5-17):
Tour / Activity Details
Scheduled 2022 Tour Dates
Please Note: Tour departure time is approximate; specific pick-up time at the meeting location near London Bridge is 7:15 am and will need to be pre-arranged by phone or email (details on your E-Ticket).
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 5. Tour requires a minimum total of 12 persons booked to guarantee the tour to operate on any specific scheduled date; if the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; the meeting location is near London Bridge and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to reconfirm and get specific details of the meeting location (phone/email contact information on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
This tour has received the "We're Good To Go" designation from Visit England and the "Safe Travels" designation from the World Travel & Tourism Council. Currently, no country-wide restrictions exist in England - except that masks must be worn on all publc transportation (which includes the ferry between Southampton and the Isle of Wight). In addition, individual businesses may set their own mandates, so it is strongly suggested you always carry your face masks with you in order to comply with any such requirements.
This tour requires a minimum total of 12 persons booked for a specific tour date to be guaranteed to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
- Roundtrip travel by motorcoach and ferry
- Guided small group tour
- Entrance fee to Osborne House
- Time at Leisure on Isle of Wight beaches and in Godshill
- Overnight lodging in Sandown
- Breakfast on Day 2
- Meals on Day 1 (free time to purchase food & beverages on the Isle of Wight but none is included in the tour price)
- Lunch or Dinner on Day 2
- Optional shopping or other personal expenses
- Guide gratuity
- 7:15 am - Pick-up at the meeting location near London Bridge, easy to reach by public transport. When your tour is confirmed, you will need to contact the guides to reconfirm and receive specific details.
- 7:30 am - Depart London from the London Bridge meeting point and head to Southampton. The drive takes a little over two hours.
- 10:00 am - Ferry Crossing - This is the usual ferry departure time on the Southampton to East Cowes crossing, which takes around 50 minutes.
- 11:00 am-11:15 am - Arrive at Osborne House. Once on the Isle of Wight, the first stop is Osborne House, Queen Victoria’s summer palace (entrance is included).
- 1:30 pm-2:00 pm - Scenic Route to Sandown. After the visit at Osborne House, the tour heads south towards Sandown & Shanklin, two of the most beautiful beaches on the Isle, and to your overnight lodging usually located in Sandown. On the way there, the bus passes by Newport and the famous Carisbrooke Castle.
- 2:30 pm-3:00 pm - Arrive in Sandown. Once the bus arrives in Sandown, the group can check in at the hotel. After this, you have the afternoon & evening free to enjoy the beaches as well as the lovely boutiques & restaurants on the boardwalk at Sandown and neighbouring Shanklin. Overnight at the hotel.
- 9:15 am - Depart Hotel. After breakfast at the hotel (included), the bus departs the hotel to discover the West side of the Isle of Wight.
- 9:30 am - Arrive in Godshill. The first stop of Day 2 is the small village of Godshill, home of a model village and locally-brewed cider.
- 11:00 am - Depart Godshill. This is the approximate time of departure from Godshill to The Needles, but kindly pay attention to your tour guide on the day as times may vary.
- 12:00 pm - Arrive at The Needles. the bus takes the coastal road to reach The Needles, a row of three stacks of chalk that rise 30 meters out of the sea and probably the most famous landmark on the Isle of Wight.
- 2:00 pm - Depart The Needles. After approximately two hours at The Needles, the bus makes a short drive to Yarmouth.
- 2:30 pm - Arrive at Yarmouth. Visit this small village with a beautiful harbor and gorgeous little boutique shops.
- 4:00 pm - Depart Yarmouth. The bus leaves Yarmouth and heads to East Cowes for the return ferry crossing to Southampton.
- 5:30 pm - Return Ferry Crossing. Your return journey will start with the 5:30 pm ferry crossing from East Cowes to Southampton, followed by the drive back to London.
- 8:00 pm - Arrive in London. There will be 2-3 drop-offs in central London subject to traffic and other considerations on the day. Your tour guide will advise the specific drop-off locations and will be happy to help with public transport advice if needed. Please note that there can be some traffic traveling back into central London and all itinerary times are approximate & subject to change.
What to Bring/Wear
- Please only bring a small overnight bag as space for luggage is limited.
- Change of clothes for Day 2.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Monitor the weather for the day of your tour and dress appropriately.
- You may bring snacks and bottled water for the trip.
- Bring money for meals that are not included, additional snacks and souvenirs.
- Don't forget your camera!
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 5. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; the meeting location is near London Bridge and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to reconfirm and get specific details of the meeting location (phone/email contact information on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.